Finishing works is a fine job in building construction process where it forms the beauty of a building. Several types of finishes can be used based on the materials used, environmental conditions and costs. Finishing of a building can be divided into several sections:
1. Floor finishing
2. Wall finishing
Plastering is one of the finishing of the walls. It functions as a:
- Protect / cover the basic work.
- Produce a flat surface and neatly.
- Protect the basic work of the climate action.
- A cushion to the finishing paint work and laying of tiles.
- Provide facilities for cleaning.
- Increase durability to the work of the foundation.
- Provide comfort and safety to the residents who live in it.
Procedures Internal Wall Plastering
1. Layers of “base coat” plastering in the finished brick walls tied. This layer is important because it will absorb water from the layers of “finish coat” that will plastering then that the wall does not look wet. This layer is also aimed at leveling the brick wall bond that are less flat.
2. Layer “finish coat” will plastering later on at a thickness of 1/2’ to 1’ depending on the uniformity of the wall using a finishing trowel.3. Finally, the layers of “plaster” will plastering with a layer of oil (slurry cement). This mixture consists of masonry cement and water.
This layer that will highlight the aesthetic features of buildings constructed. After the layers of cement “slurry“ plastering, it will be painted with water using a brush to paint fine lines formed at the wall to retain moisture in the plastering. This is necessary so that the paint will stick to the walls painted.
Procedures External Wall Plastering
1. For the exterior wall plastering made only involves two layers of the “base coat“ and “finish coat”. Made for plastering the walls outside the home is more gross and appeared. After the layers of “finish coat”, the external wall is painted with water using a sponge. It aims to reveal more gross wall surface..